SUNDAY 19 MAY
1. All are invited to remain after the service and meet for tea and coffee and a time of fellowship in the Large Hall.
2. RESIDENTIAL HOME SERVICE: There will be a service in Rannoch House, Cleveden Road, this afternoon at 2.30 p.m. All welcome.
3. COMMUNION - SUNDAY 2ND JUNE 2019: On Sunday 2nd June 2019, we will be serving Communion starting from Row 16 and moving forwards to Row 1 and we would invite everyone to sit in this area of the church. If you prefer to sit in your normal seat and wish to receive Communion, please move forward during the Communion hymn. Row 16 will be clearly marked by cords on the end of the rows.
This is our celebration service as it is 200 years since St John's Church and Renfield Church both opened to the people of The Calton. St John's and Renfield joined in 1923 and finally with Hyndland United Free Church before St John's-Renfield came into being in 1929 here in Kelvindale. We have invited guests to this event and it will be followed by a light lunch in the hall for everyone and we hope to see you all then. There will also be a celebration cake!
4. FOODBANK: A reminder that the need continues and further contributions will be greatly appreciated. Contributions will be collected next Sunday as this is the last Sunday of the month.
5. GRASPING THE NETTLE with The God Question: A special service of celebration of God the Creator and God the Holy Spirit – Sunday 9th June at 3 p.m. in The University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel. Led by Very Rev Dr John Chalmers and featuring the music is the Chapel Choir. There will also be a talk by Astronomer Dr Deborah Haarsma entitled “And the Spirit of God Moved....”.
6. ST. JOHN’S-RENFIELD WALKING GROUP: Next walk - Saturday 8th June, around the ‘North Queensferry coastal circuit’. A 3.25 mile circular walk taking in part of the Fife Coastal Path, promising great views across the Firth of Forth and opportunities for wildlife spotting. Graded as easy, on well marked paths and roads with pavements, with a few gentle climbs on the return leg. Full details at - https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/fife-stirling/north-queensferry.shtml
All welcome. Meet at the Church at 10am, with sturdy footwear, waterproof jacket and packed lunch. Further information from Sarah Hamilton.
7. ANCHOR BOYS/JUNIOR DISPLAY: The Anchor Boys/Junior Section display will take place on Tuesday 21st May at 6.30 p.m. All welcome.
8. BRIDE'S DOOR: The Bride's door opens for the summer on Sunday 2nd June and will remain open for Sunday services until Sunday 25th August 2019.
9. EVENING WALK ON WEDNESDAY 29th MAY: We will repeat a successful walk of a few years back. Bus to Renfrew Ferry and once across the Clyde we skirt the Blythswood Golf Course and reach Renfrew via the black and white cart. Once through Robertson Park an ice cream shop is visited and then homewards either by bus into city centre or back across the ferry. Time and meeting place in the intimations next Sunday.
10. INTIMATIONS: All intimations for inclusion in next Sunday’s order of service should be in the Church Office by 11 a.m. on Wednesday 22nd May. Email: email@example.com/Tel. 0141 334 0782