SUNDAY 8 SEPTEMBER
1. All are invited to remain after the service and meet for tea and coffee and a time of fellowship in the Large Hall.
2. KIRK SESSION: The Kirk Session is called to meet on Wednesday 18 September at 7.30 p.m.
3. WORLD MISSION: Free copies can be found at the Main Door of the September newsletter Stories from Partners Around the World. This issue focuses on connecting with people around the world, “We are One in Christ.”
4. PASTORAL CARE INFORMATION: There will be a display of booklets and leaflets on a number of topics which may be of interest to the congregation - Cancer Care, Dementia and Mental Health. Also available are a variety of small cards with Bible verses and prayers which may be useful for sending to those who are unwell or worried. All are free of charge. They will be on a table in the Large Hall after Worship today, 15 and 22 September.
5. UNLOCKING THE WORD: On Tuesday 10 September at 10 a.m. there will be a preliminary meeting of all those interested in planning a programme of bible-based discussions for the coming session.
6. COFFEE MORNING ON SATURDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2019 from 10am till 12 noon. Our usual stalls of books, home baking, bottle stall and rolls filled with either sausage or bacon! Tickets £2 per person to include tea or coffee and a piece of baking will be on sale at coffee time after the morning service. We would be delighted to receive donations of home baking on Friday 20 into the Chalmers Room on the Friday morning between 9am and 12 noon and Sat morning from 9 am till 10am. Bottles for the bottle stall and paper-back books can be brought on Sunday 15 September or Friday morning 20 September into the Chalmers Room.
7. MIILLIE’S MAGICAL MILE: Vivienne Limond is walking 3 miles for St Margaret’s Hospice today. If you would like to help Vivienne raise funds for St Margaret’s, forms are available in the large hall. Thank you.
8. GREAT SCOTTISH RUN/GLASGOW 10K: Roddy Watt will be running the Glasgow 10K on Sunday 29 September to raise funds for Christian Aid. If you would like to support this fund-raising effort, sponsorship forms are available in the large hall after worship this morning, and online donations can be made via Roddy's JustGiving webpage: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Roderick-Watt2
9. PAUSE FOR HOPE: Thursday 12 September at 7pm at Our Lady of Lourdes, Lourdes Ave., G52 3QU.
An ecumenical service will be held for those affected by cancer, to remember those lost to cancer and for those with responsibility for providing resources and for scientists searching for a cure.
The Chaplain and the Director of Clinical Services will give an insight into their work at The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice. Everyone welcome, from all faiths and none.
10. BOOK GROUP: The next meeting of the Book Group will be tomorrow Monday, 9 September at 33 Winchester Drive. Our choices are Circe by Madeline Miller and The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley. Further information from Wilma Murphy.
11. OFFICE: The Office will be closed Wednesday 11 September – Friday 13 September inclusive.
12. INTIMATIONS: All intimations for inclusion in next Sunday’s order of service should be in the Church Office by 11 a.m. on Wednesday 11 September.