SUNDAY 18th NOVEMBER
1. All are invited to remain after the service and meet for tea and coffee and a time of fellowship in the Large Hall.
2. RESIDENTIAL HOME SERVICES: There will be a service this afternoon at 2.30 p.m. in Rannoch House, Cleveden Road and on Wednesday 21st November at 2.30 p.m. in Balmanno House, Cleveden Road. All welcome.
3. KIRK SESSION: The Kirk Session is called to meet on Tuesday 20th November at 7.30 p.m.
4. FOODBANK: A reminder that the need continues and further contributions will be greatly appreciated. Contributions will be collected next Sunday as this is the last Sunday of the month.
5. COMMUNION: On Sunday 2nd December, we will be serving Communion starting with Row 12 and moving forwards to Row 1 and we would invite everyone to sit in this area. If you still prefer to sit in your normal seat and wish to receive Communion, please move forward during the Communion hymn. Row 12 will be clearly marked at each end of the row by some red cord. As before, we will not be serving any further back in the Sanctuary
6. OLIVE TREE: Mrs Juliet Robb of Olive Tree Scotland, a small voluntary group based in the west of Scotland, will be present in the Large Hall after the service on Sunday 2nd December with gifts from Palestine for sale.
7. MESSY CHURCH: Messy Church is coming to St. John's-Renfield! Our Messy Church party will take place on Saturday, the 8th of December from 4:30-6:00. The format is Welcome, All Age Talk, crafts (for all!) songs and games, ending with a meal and fellowship. If you would like to help out or just come along and join in the fun, please speak to Sarah Gillan or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter @sjrmessychurch.
We would also like to put out a request for the following: old shirts (to be used as smocks, it will be messy for the kids!), glass jars, pine cones or other bits and pieces that could be used in a centrepiece. We will ask for greenery closer to the time. Thank you!
7. UNLOCKING THE WORD – ADVENT STUDIES: Our Minister Stewart will be leading us through Advent on Tuesday mornings at 10.30 in the Session House on Nov 27th, Dec 4th, 11th and 18th. We will be looking at how each of the Gospels addresses Advent and will include references to and parallels in Old Testament writings. A warm invitation is extended to all.
8. BOOK GROUP: The next meeting of the Book Group will be on Monday December 3rd at 7.30 p.m.. Our title is SNAP by Belinda Bauer.
9. CHRISTMAS STALL: Bring all your surplus Christmas paraphernalia to the stall on Sunday November 25th. There will be no prices, just donations, which will go to helping children in distress. The stall will run on Sunday 2nd, 9th and 16th December. (You can still bring goods on 2nd and 9th). Any wee Christmassy crafty things would be welcome too.
10. ANNUAL REVIEW OF GIVING: Review of Giving - Can Elders please collect their districts letters from the Session House as previously advised.
11. POP-IN CAFÉ: 24 Pop-in people are going to ‘Pop-Out’ for a pre Christmas lunch at 12 o’clock on Tuesday 20th November.
12. GUIDES COFFEE EVENING: Tuesday 27th November at 7 p.m. Come and support the 25th Glasgow Guide Company and Mental Health Scotland – lots of stalls!
13. MACKINTOSH CHOIR CONCERT: The Mackintosh Choir annual Christmas concert is in St John's-Renfield at 7 p.m. on Sunday 9th December. Please support our resident choir. Tickets, £10, (children under 12 free) available from any member of the choir, email@example.com and at the door.
14. INTIMATIONS: All intimations for inclusion in next Sunday’s order of service should be in the Church Office by 11 a.m. on Wednesday 21st November. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/Tel. 0141 334 0782