SUNDAY 15 MARCH
1. All are invited to remain after the service and meet for tea and coffee and a time of fellowship in the Large Hall.
2. RESIDENTIAL HOME SERVICE: The service at Balmanno House on Wednesday 18 March is cancelled.
3. CORONAVIRUS : Covid19: Visiting Elderly and vulnerable adults. As there is potential for the virus to spread rapidly and it particularly affects older people, visitors, including elders, should consider whether a visit is appropriate and, perhaps, think about a phone call instead.
4. UNLOCKING THE WORD: Lent Study - Wednesday 18 March at 10.30 in the Session House. As always, these meetings are open to all. If you wish to take part and need the study materials, please contact Roddy Watt.
5. Members of the Youth Organisations in the church including GB, BB,
Youth Group and Messy Church are holding a Sleep Out in the sanctuary on 20 March to raise money for Bethany Christian Trust and the fight against homelessness. You can support them by donating through JustGiving on the church Facebook or Instagram pages or there will be a sheet out at the coffees and teas. Also, if you have a child/grandchild P4 or older that comes along to any of our church activities but didn’t receive a form and would like to join us,
please speak to Allan W, Laura, Matt or Sarah. Thank you!
6. CHRISTIAN AID - COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS: In association with Christian Aid’s Lent booklet Count Your Blessings there is available a petition addressed to the Prime Minister urging him to support a New Deal for Climate Justice at the COP 26 meeting in Glasgow later this year. As you count your blessings this Lent season, please consider giving practical expression to your gratitude by signing this petition which seeks to share your blessings with others less fortunate than yourself. The petition is lying out in the large hall.
7. ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING: The Annual Business Meeting of the Congregation will take place next Sunday 22 March at the close of the Morning Service. No tea/coffee will be available after the service on this day.
8. WORLD DAY OF PRAYER: Grateful thanks to all who donated to last week's retiring offering which raised the sum of £185.00.
9. NUFFIELD SCANNER: A reminder that this Tuesday 17 March a large crane will be set up in Beaconsfield Rd to lift the main part of the scanner into place. There will still be room for single file traffic to pass the crane but parking will be suspended.
10. INTIMATIONS: All intimations for inclusion in next Sunday’s order of service should be in the Church Office by 11 a.m. on Wednesday 18 March. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/Tel. 0141 334 0782